Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ideas Of What To Wear For Burns Night

With it came the revolution

This post is to giggling about a serious matter. Others make blacklists and laughter, as one of the protesters tweet the other day from Tahrir Square : Want to laugh? I'm thinking to myself, "if I get arrested, moms going to kill me ... And Mubarak

I have the expired passport. That for a journalist is a very unfortunate thing, because my job is to tell things from the stock market, or from the Ministry of Economy, or the wording of my TV, but imagine that I sent to Egypt to tell the revolution of those days. I would have loved, but could not not have a valid passport (*) .

So while I hesitate to jump right into the process of renewing (my ID is expired too) I began to browse the passport. And I found some stamps.


Summer 2007, travel to Tunisia superamor full of fish, jellyfish stings and tomatoes, in Mahdia, the largest fishing port in the country. December 2010, a young Tunisian named Mohamed Bouazizi protest after his street stall fruit was confiscated, leaving no jobs, no source of income, without means to support his family, burning to bonzo. His action, coupled with the discontent of the people by rising prices of basic foodstuffs, economic crisis and corruption in the country, led to an unprecedented revolution that succeeded in overthrowing Ben Ali.


Summer 2009 , adventure travel, tourism and gastronomy Maricalpi, left me half-hearted in Cairo and the other half in the Nile January 2011, infected by the successful revolt of Tunisia and with a little help on the internet, Egypt roars. A crowd of demonstrators, with great presence of women, youth, families, protests against the regime of Hosni Mubarak. During days grow strong in Tahrir Square in defiance of police charges, lack of food and water, cuts in mobile telecommunications and the Internet. The highlight is the "million man march", a mass demonstration on 28 January. In this case the president refuses to step down, and sends his men, organized, cope with the demonstrators (what? Now I'm not a journalist, I am blogger). Armed with sticks, stones, Molotov cocktails and sometimes guns, face the crowd. After days of international press harassment and arrests of activists and human rights organizations, the government promises change, yes, but with time to retaliate and carry out a Tiananmen dropper. Hundreds of thousands of Egyptians continue to protest, calling the change "and" confident that things can change.

Coincidence? I think not.

With this passport, I traveled to Cuba, Rome, London, Istanbul and and there are those who ask if they imitate the Cuban Egypt. Here is a guideline, and I'm not the only he sees her.

What do you think? Is Cuba the next to fall? Would you continue to Turkey and then London? And then Cadiz?

And above all, where I'm going this summer?

(*) I have sent to Cairo, but I told here with the help of our correspondent, from Reuters, Al Jazeera and twitter, as well as possible under these conditions. And I've lived with an illusion that long ago that was. As of 2 February, my gtalk message was "on TV but dreaming of Egypt", February 3, I changed it to "on TV but suffering with Egypt", and yesterday was back to "dreaming."

I also thought my Coptic , I spoke the day before the riots started and had not been heard until Wednesday: "Do not worry about me, with my family away from Cairo. (...) the situation is no longer exciting to be dangerous only (...) Talking to you is very dangerous because the next day go the trouble! ".

0 comments:

Post a Comment